Monday, November 12, 2007

Blow WInd and Crack Your Cheeks

Today has been pretty weird so far, and it's not even ten yet. The wind blew all night in harsh, howling gusts through the last few leaves on the trees. I didn't sleep much, and when I did I was plagued by vague images of dark figures in the corners of my room, and nightmares about Roman senators being chopped up and put into trash compactors. I had to get up early this morning, and finished my German essay about five minutes before class, only to have the professor show up late, start to get out his things, and then tell us all he was feeling unwell and that class was canceled. He looked kind of like death warmed over.

I'm not one who really puts much stock in bad omens, but the wind is still howling, and the sky's an angry gray-white. The strap of my bookbag broke last night, too, which if I recall right is also a bad sign. I wonder if it all means anything?

No comments: